TexBand Tape | Preformed Thermoplastic Overband Tape System
BBA / HAPAS approved TexBand Tape is a preformed overband tape system for the permanent repair of open seams, joints or cracks. Used as a simple overband tape, it will repair defects up to 5mm wide. Our TexBand overbanding tape system is ideal for sealing the surface following asphalt patching such as utility works.
Providing an effective torch on overband system for the repair of cracks, seams and joints in highways surfaces, TexBand Tape is designed to have a high skid resistance throughout its life and has excellent durability once installed. TexBand Tape is suitable for use on both asphalt and concrete surfaces.
The binder system of TexBand Tape contains a plasticised rosin ester blended with bitumen and selected polymers. The product incorporates aggregates to produce a fine textured finish with an SRV of ≥60 to comply with DMRB (Vol.7 Section 4) HD 31/94 Para.2.10/11.
Why TexBand Overbanding Tape?
- Simple torch on application provides an effective overband tape
- Prevents water ingress
- No need for large scale application equipment
- Provides long term skid resistance
- Environmentally friendly – no waste or loose chippings
- Can be laid all year around
- Fast curing times – typically under 5 mins @ ambient temperature
- Suitable for use on both asphaltic and concrete surfaces
- No waste – cut as required
- As a seal to prevent moisture ingress after road repairs / trenching
- As an overband for the repair of cracks up to 5mm wide
- Suitable for use on both asphalt and concrete surfaces
TexBand Overband Tape has BBA/HAPAS Approval for overbanding tape systems.
The management system of Hitex Traffic Safety Ltd has been assessed and registered as meeting the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001.
TexBand Tape should be applied to clean, sound and dry substrates using a gas torch with a controlled flame output. For full details please request the relevant Hitex Installation Method Statement.