Hitex International Group is committed to operating its business in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner. We recognise that concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of good business management and are committed to ensuring that environmental issues are considered carefully within the organisation when decisions are made at all levels.
Our Group Environmental Policy sets out clear guidelines applicable across our 4 divisions. Within this framework, each individual company adheres to those policies covering their particular sphere of operational activity. We constantly review these policies, and continue to conduct our business in a responsible manner in order to minimise our impact on the environment.
Hitex International Group is committed to implementing an Environmental Management System compliant with the requirements of international standard ISO14001.
Hitex International Group aims to be a market leader in the road marking and surfacing sector, through successful delivery of road safety solutions in a manner that minimises adverse environmental impact. We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment and are committed to regularly reviewing our processes to achieve continual improvement in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
We aim to achieve improvements through the implementation of an Environmental Management System, compliant to the requirements of ISO 14001, which will facilitate achievement of the following policy objectives:
• To comply with all applicable environmental legislation and other applicable requirements which are pertinent to our environmental aspects, as a minimum standard of our day to day business operations
• To continuously improve operational processes so as to increase energy efficiency and reduce resource use
• Continue to design, research and develop our products to optimise environmental performance and minimise adverse environmental impacts, particularly in respect of raw materials
• Regularly audit our processes to monitor environmental performance and ensure the prevention of pollution
• Understand and manage responsibly all areas of environmental risk related to the significant environmental aspects of our products and processes
• Encourage all employees and contractors to act in accordance with the Environmental Policy and provide information and training to facilitate the achievement of our environmental objectives and targets
• Assess the environmental performance of our suppliers and work with, and support, them to reduce the environmental impacts of our products
This Policy will be communicated to all persons who work on behalf of the Company and displayed at suitable locations so as to be available to the general public. All employees, customers and contractors are invited to contribute ideas for better environmental practices on our sites.